Are you ready for a change? At ZT Systems, we put People First, and from day one our team members make a difference. A fast-growing key player in a multibillion-dollar market, ZT designs and builds hyperscale compute and storage solutions for the world’s largest datacenter customers. We are passionate about teamwork, and the consistent high quality of our solutions differentiates us in the minds of our customers. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us and become part of an industry-leading team that transforms ideas into reality.
About the Role
The Sr. Staff Customer Quality Management Engineer reporting will work with both our customers and internal teams seamlessly from NPI (new product introduction) to high volume mass production. The Sr. Customer Quality Engineer will act as the primary quality interface with the customer and all other functional teams in ZT – serving as the customer’s advocate in driving resolution of issues and continuous improvement.
- Interface with key customers to assure customer satisfaction and review requirements to meet customer specifications
- Work with the internal technical organizations and teams (such as design, assembly, and product testing) to ensure high quality products are achieved from first product release
- Successfully drive resolution of customer issues.
- Drives quality improvements to meet all customer expectations regarding PPM of product shipped, quality of corrective action reports, and cycle time of customer requests
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and making data-driven conclusion skills
- Must be capable of effectively interfacing at all levels of the organization including executive level both internally and with the customer
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to drive complex issues to closure in a timely manner and clearly communicate the result
- Must exhibit self-motivation, demonstrate sense of urgency and be capable of successfully multi-tasking in a high pressure, fast-paced environment, matrix environment
- Create and track concern / Issue reduction plan and long-term strategies
- Manage quality issue diagnosis, root-cause determination, and the implementation of corrective and preventive actions with the appropriate team(s)
- Review failure analysis and corrective action reports through well managed customer-facing communications
- Internalize customer feedback regarding quality and reliability performance against customer requirements
- Host customers for NPI audits
- Work with customers to clearly define factory build report expectations including frequency of reports, expected data, and response to first past yield excursions
- Host meetings as necessary with customers to review build data
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Become an advocate for the customer through excellent knowledge of ZT manufacturing process, timely follow through, and customer focus
- Project Planning and time management
- Statistics and analytical principles
- Project leadership
- Quick learner - can pick up new tools for reporting and analysis
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to work well under pressure and strong ability to “think on your feet”
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and flexibility
- Possess relationship management abilities; strong customer-facing skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent data diagnostic & analytical skills - able to make sense of large volumes of data
- Knowledge of database/reporting systems
- 10+ years of experience in a similar function. Computer Manufacturing or Electronic Manufacturing industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of professional experience.
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.