Staff Field System Engineer
Are you ready for a change? At ZT Systems, we put People First, and from day one our team members make a difference. A fast-growing key player in a multibillion-dollar market, ZT designs and builds hyperscale compute and storage solutions for the world’s largest datacenter customers. We are passionate about teamwork, and the consistent high quality of our solutions differentiates us in the minds of our customers. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us and become part of an industry-leading team that transforms ideas into reality.
About the Role
In this position, the Staff Field System Engineer serves as the first line of contact for customers during new product enablement. The position will sit within the Field Engineering organization responsible for delivering next generation hyperscale compute solutions to our customers. This person will be responsible for technical enablement and triaging customer sightings and change requests for all things associated to the customer offerings including systems mgmt., hardware, software, firmware, component integration, debug, and testing. This role is highly matrixed and requires strong influential skills, therefore the individual must be able to successfully manage and corral multiple organizations within ZT to close out any issues associated to new product introductions (NPIs). The position also requires a strong sense of soft skills to effectively work directly with customers, account management, marketing, internal technical organizations, and core technology partners to understand and solve technical problems facing the customer. The ultimate goal of the Field System Engineer is to delight the customer by successfully enabling new products to be customer qualified, on schedule, with minimal perturbation.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Aid in being the point of contact for customer needs or issues during NPIs.
- Deliver long-term hyperscale server technology solutions based on technical and business requirements of the customer.
- Aids Drives internal and external integration of system level engineering and support for successful execution during NPI phase.
- Helps develops long-term technical relationships with the core technology ecosystem. The relationships should create a technical interface, showcasing the value of ZT engineering and support, along with driving requirements into next generation designs
- Work directly with customers on integration and deployment of new server hardware including configuring of BIOS, PXE, UBoot, IPMI, and RAID, etc.
- Aid in solving performance/operational problems and help deliver business value
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of server architecture, system level design engineering, and an understanding of shared infrastructure management
- Experience with new product development life cycle and driving cross-functional development efforts from concept to planning to development
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects, setting priorities and managing to commit schedules
- Demonstrate ability to create detailed architecture specifications and drive business cases for new products and features
- Understanding of network/server technologies and the challenges associated with delivering networked/server-based applications
- Working knowledge of multiple ZT Systems server operating systems including (Windows Server 2016/2019, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Server Virtualization Solutions (VMware, Citrix or Microsoft). Knowledge of software driver implementation, IP schemas and network protocols
- Linux Scripting experience a plus
- 6+ years of working experience or Bachelor’s BSEE/BSCE/BSCS and 5+ years of working or Masters MSEE/MSCE/MSCS and 4+ years of direct experience in server or a relative industry
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.