Why ZT Systems
At ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About The Role
In this position, the System Architect will be responsible for architecting Server and Rack level solutions for customers in the Cloud Computing and Hyperscale Industry. The responsibilities for this position include working directly with our customers and core technology suppliers to understand and solve technical problems facing the customer. In addition, the position will include providing technical leadership and guidance to internal Engineering, Management, and Business Teams.
What You’ll Do
- Develops long-term hyperscale server technology strategies based on the technical and business footprint of the customer.
- Drives internal and external integration of system-level engineering strategy.
- Develops long-term technical relationships with the core technology ecosystem. The relationships should create a technical interface, driving those requirements into next-generation designs.
- Identifies and develops differentiation opportunities and drives the thought leadership discussions among marketing, engineering, customers, and business executives.
- Work directly with customers on integration and deployment of new server hardware including architecture and design of cloud compute server board, add-on card, front panel, and IO backplane products.
- Determine how to solve performance/operational problems and deliver business value through ZT hardware.
- Sr Board DE: Support schematic capture, generating design constraints, review layouts, and managing the overall board design process.
What You bring
- Strong background and experience with high-speed design signal integrity issues, power distribution techniques & Intel/AMD/ARM/GPU… platform architectures.
- Experience with implementation of high-speed serial busses and Fabrics (SAS/SATA, PCIe, InfiniBand, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, etc.), high-speed Memory Busses (DDR4/DDR5, HBM), and Processor/Accelerator Cache Coherent Links (CCIX, GenZ, CXL, etc.).
- Knowledge of server architecture, system-level design engineering, and an understanding of shared infrastructure management.
- Strong knowledge of the Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) functionality, telemetry, and range of control.
- Experience with new product development life cycle and driving cross-functional development efforts from concept to planning to development.
- Demonstrated ability to create detailed architecture specifications and drive business cases for new products and features.
- Strong understanding of network/server technologies and the challenges associated with delivering networked/server-based applications.
- Working knowledge of multiple server operating systems including Windows Server (2016, 2019) and Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, SUSE).
- Server Virtualization Solutions (VMware, Citrix, or Microsoft).
- Knowledge of software driver implementation, IP schemas, and network protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to discover, learn, and apply new technologies.
- Board DE: Knowledge of Schematic and CAD Tools such as Cadence, Altium, or Mentor Graphics.
- Innovates and develops intellectual property.
- Excellent communication, social, commercial, and negotiation skills.
- Leadership of feasibility studies of system-level concepts.
- Author technical papers, present at industry forums, and participate in industry consortiums.
- Drive prototyping or proof of concepts of new technologies.
- BS in Electrical, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Electrical, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering (bonus)
- 12 + years of direct industry experience
- Sr Board DE: 8+ years of direct industry experience
- System Architect and Sr Board DE – Server design
- Experience in developing server product architectures and carrying through to production.
- Experience with server motherboard design
- Experience with server chassis layout optimization
- Experience with rack-level and data-center design implementation
- System Architect – Thermal/Mechanical
- Experience using temperature and airflow measurement equipment including thermocouples and data acquisition tools
- Experience with CFD modeling tools and thermal data acquisition (FloTherm preferred)
- Experience with SolidWorks, Creo or related MCAD software
- System Architect – Power design
- AC/DC power converter design, System/Rack power budgeting and debug experience
- Rack and Data Center Level power infrastructure experience
- SW/FW Architect – UEFI FW, BMC FW, OS/Drivers
- Experience coding for AMI and/or OpenBMC based BMC FW
- Experience with DMTF Redfish
- Experience coding for UEFI FW (BIOS)
- Experience with industry security protocols, Root of Trust, and design for security
- Experience with Operating Systems and Driver design/usage
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, or handicap, or veteran status.