Why ZT Systems
At ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About The Role
The Sr. HR Business Partner’s (HRBP) primary focus is to work with our functional leaders to achieve business objectives by prioritizing our most important assets – our people! The HRBP will act as an extended member of the business leader’s staff to provide a full range of HR solutions to the business groups. This position acts as a coach/consultant to leadership on human resource-related issues, as well as serves as an employee advocate and change agent. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, this role will support various functional organizations on organizational/business issues including culture, change management, talent management, team functioning, leadership and effectiveness.
The successful applicant will effectively assess and anticipate HR needs in the business, understand the business climate, and work with the HR team and business leaders to deliver solutions. This position will be the face of the customer (our employees and business leaders) to the HR team. As such, the HRBP must be able to understand the business objectives, articulate the business needs to broader HR team, and apply HR expertise to develop solutions for a diverse employee population. As the primary HR point of contact for the business groups and employees, the HRBP is expected to positively influence decisions to improve business results by acting as the voice of the employee base with management. Across the organization, the HRBP will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of global HR Programs (such as performance management, compensation, succession planning, etc.), and have expert knowledge of these HR processes and implementation requirements, as gained through previous experience and demonstrated through project management successes.
Key Upcoming Projects
- Global implementation of new HR Management System (HRMS)
- Support global learning management system (LMS) adoption and development of learning paths
- Leading business groups through talent assessment, succession, and employee action planning
- Contribute to compensation and benefit strategy and ensure proper execution and results
- Improve on-boarding, assimilation, and on-going retention strategies
What you will do
- Act as key staff member on business leaders’ teams to fully understand business objectives and assess support needed to improve results.
- Provide HR solutions and services for the business leaders and employees in areas like organizational design & effectiveness, team dynamics, performance management, change leadership, coaching, employee relations/investigations, career development, retention, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Work collaboratively with other functional business partners such as Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S), Facilities, Finance, IT, Engineering, Program Management, etc. to deliver results.
- Handle complex employee relations issues, to include conducting objective and thorough investigations.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
Project management for HR related programs, ensuring efficient and effective roll-out and success.
- Mitigate company risk by maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and ensuring compliance with internal and external policies, regulations, and legislation.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR team to develop and implement solutions, programs and policy.
- Act as a steward of the culture, by helping define, promote and demonstrate successful behavior.
- Workforce planning, department restructuring, employee development, and succession planning.
What you will bring
- Relationship management and development skills
- Business acumen and ability to understand business strategies in complex high technology industries
- HR functional expertise – employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, organizational design & optimization, coaching/mentoring, recruitment, etc.
- Project management - ability to manage and drive multiple projects in parallel with multiple stakeholders and indirect reports
Global and cultural awareness with ability to articulate and deliver diversity benefits
- Analytical problem solving, quick thinker
- Proactive, positive, deliberate, and focused thinking
- Impeccable integrity, ethics, and morals
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Results orientation
- MS Excel proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of college coursework and training
- 8+ years of HR experience in fast-paced environment
- Expertise in HR disciplines, including: compensation practices, recruitment, organizational design, employee relations, diversity, performance management, employment law
- Experience in manufacturing environment (non-exempt workforce management)
- Experience in hi-tech preferred – understanding of ecosystem, competitors, suppliers, products, etc.
- Workday (HRMS) experience preferred
- SHRM Certification preferred
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.