Are you ready for a change? At ZT Systems, we put People First, and from day one our team members make a difference. A fast-growing key player in a multibillion-dollar market, ZT designs and builds hyperscale compute and storage solutions for the world’s largest datacenter customers. We are passionate about teamwork, and the consistent high quality of our solutions differentiates us in the minds of our customers. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us and become part of an industry-leading team that transforms ideas into reality.
About the Role
The Sr. Staff Cloud Engineer will work with our team to provide support for a wide range of IT systems and services including the corporate virtualization environment. As the Sr. Staff Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing cloud infrastructure. As a Sr. Staff Cloud Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced environment and apply your technical knowledge to solve issues that will span multiple IT environments.
What You will Do
- Participate in projects and engineer new systems.
- Monitor performance of critical servers and applications.
- Manage the load configuration and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of hardware as well as the tuning of software
- Engage and manage 3rd-party vendors to achieve expedient resolution
- Using appropriate cloud services to design and deploy architecture and applications based on given customer and/or Solutions Architect’s requirements,
- Building highly available/fault-tolerant enterprise class infrastructure with multiple-region and multi-AZ models
- Create and maintain system documentation for specifications, designs, procedures, and logs.
- Document all processes, system changes/fixes, and issues.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 + years of cloud migrations and high proficiency in IaaS, PaaS, SaaS environments
- Strong operational implementation experience or working knowledge of cloud identity or access management solutions enforcing security guidelines.
- Using Configuration Management and Configuration Orchestration tools, such as Ansible, Terraform
- Work with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Powershell, Python, PHP, etc.
- Improve the security posture by performing various assessments and analyses using tools like Ansible and Prisma.
- Improve resiliency for all cloud applications and infrastructure and ensure that HA, DR, Data Protection requirements are appropriately engineered and implemented for each workload
- Deep knowledge of networking topologies and engineering, including DNS, Load Balancers, Gateway Devices and Web Application Firewalls
- In-depth knowledge of Azure networking services such as Azure Virtual WAN, VNETS, management of Azure Application/Network Security Groups,Private Link,VNET peering, Routing, Express Route, Site-to-Site VPN, and Point-to-Site VPN
- In-depth knowledge of security and IAM / Role Based Access Controls in Azure,Azure Policy,and Azure Management Groups and Subscriptions.
- In-depth knowledge with AWS design, architecture and services (EC2, IAM, S3, ELB/ALB, RDS/Aurora, ElastiCache, ECS/EKS, etc.)
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure
- Knowledge of system monitoring in a cloud environment including cloud specific products and tools.
- Experience with CMK (Customer Managed Keys) and BYOK ( Bring Your Own Key)
- Experience with AWS Workspace (VDI) and creation of custom images
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability[i] or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.