Staff Sustaining Engineer
Why ZT Systems
AT ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work your proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along with way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About the Role
- this position, the Staff Sustaining Engineer will serve as a key technical contributor to Platform and component level validation, issue investigation, and general change-request assessments of ZT server platforms. The Sustaining Engineer will be working in a cross functional team to develop and execute test plans which will verify product functionality, adherence to specifications and production requirements; including SW stack and use case testing. The Staff Sustaining Engineer will also debug, identify root cause, and resolve issues as they occur.
What You will Do
- Gain full understanding of platform requirements and specifications for platforms which transition to the sustaining phase of the product lifecycle
- Evaluate test requirements, methodologies, and strategies validation of components, firmware, and overall platform
- Work with Sustaining Technical Program Managers to help assess and coordinate change requests, qualification/validation efforts, and issue resolutions
- Review, track, execute, document. and summarize test results
- Collaborate on automation efforts for validation purposes
What You Bring
- Strong understanding of computer and storage server architectures, data centers, and relevant technologies
- Proficient experience with server and computer architecture, including components and subsystems such as CPUs, BIOS/Firmware, PCIe, DDR3/4, SAS, SATA, USB, HDMI
- Strong experience in validation, testing, and qualification of server hardware and software
- Strong scripting capabilities, particularly with Python
- Experience in debugging system issues, including firmware
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or System Engineering and 5 + years of experience. System Validation experience or equivalent or 3 progressive years and a master's degree
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.