Are you ready for a change? At ZT Systems, we put People First, and from day one our team members make a difference. A fast-growing key player in a multibillion-dollar market, ZT designs and builds hyperscale compute and storage solutions for the world’s largest datacenter customers. We are passionate about teamwork, and the consistent high quality of our solutions differentiates us in the minds of our customers. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us and become part of an industry-leading team that transforms ideas into reality.
About the Role
The Staff Systems Engineer will have a focus on our virtualized infrastructure and work with additional services and products within our corporate environment. As the Staff Systems Engineer you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing virtualized infrastructure. As a Staff Systems Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced environment and apply your technical knowledge to solve issues that will span multiple IT environments.
What You will Do
- Participate in projects and engineer new systems.
- Monitor performance of critical servers and applications.
- Manage the load configuration and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of hardware as well as the tuning of software
- Engage and manage 3rd-party vendors to achieve expedient resolution
- Create and maintain system documentation for specifications, designs, procedures, and logs.
- Document all processes, system changes/fixes, and issues.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of overall relevant experience.
- Advanced Knowledge of VMware infrastructure architecture and designing new solutions
- Experience managing, installing, upgrading, and configuring complex virtual environments with High Availability in VMWare ESXi (vMotion, Storage vMotion, DRS, vSAN, vCenter, vSphere FT)
- Experience managing VMware licensing
- Experience managing HyperV
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise storage solutions including but not limited to, vSANs, LUNs, NetApp, QNAP, NAS, Pure Storage, EMC.
- Experience implementing and support experience including: DFS replication, Storage Spaces Direct, Failover Clustering and KMS server
- Experience with system engineering on an enterprise-level, highly integrated, complex IT environment.
- Experience with backup strategies and backup solutions including but not limited to, Veeam, Commvault
- Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and MFA solutions in terms of implementing and supporting these solutions (e.g. Okta, Ping identity, Azure)
- Experience managing AD infrastructure and DHCP, DNS administration
- Experience with Powershell and scripting with a focus on automation
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability[i] or handicap, or veteran status