Director, Commodity Procurement
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey
Why ZT Systems
ZT Systems, you will get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that is challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed, we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About The Role
The Director of Commodity Procurement will lead the development, management, and execution of commodity (CPU, GPU, SSD, Memory) procurement strategies for ZT Systems and will be responsible for all purchasing function requirements in supporting the business needs. This position will plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of managers, buyers, purchasing assistants, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage supplier relationships and negotiate contracts.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost and quality.
- Meet with customers and suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Work effectively with engineering and business groups, both internal and external.
- Manage all areas of problem resolution with suppliers, including financial discrepancies, material discrepancies, transportation, returns and credit issuance.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Monitor supply/demand trends to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Work with Procurement and inventory analyst to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Actively manage excess and obsolete inventory to risk and cost.
What You bring
Knowledge and skills:
- Proactive leadership with a high level of integrity and work ethic.
- Expert level knowledge of computer commodity procurement and supply chain ecosystem including memory, CPU and hard drives.
- 4 year degree in Business, CS, EE or ME related field.
- 10-15+ years direct experience in procurement function in companies which are manufacturing computer hardware or providing server system solutions.
- Experience with SAP
- Understanding of computer platform infrastructure supply chain including ODM management, motherboards and chassis suppliers.
- Understanding of procurement and negotiation principles and practices.
- Ability to effectively partner with cross functional internal teams, and with various organizational levels and functions within our supply base.
- Advanced knowledge of order management, fulfillment concepts and processes.
- Advanced analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to work well in both an individual contributor’s role and team environment.
- Solid understanding of the marketplace.
- Excellent communication, social, commercial, and negotiation skills.
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.