Sr. Staff Systems Software Validation Engineer
Are you ready for a change? At ZT Systems, we put People First, and from day one our team members make a difference. A fast-growing key player in a multibillion-dollar market, ZT designs and builds hyperscale compute and storage solutions for the world’s largest datacenter customers. We are passionate about teamwork, and the consistent high quality of our solutions differentiates us in the minds of our customers. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us and become part of an industry-leading team that transforms ideas into reality.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Staff System Software Validation Engineer to help design, execute and debug test plans for hyperscale HW/FW platforms. The System Software Validation Engineer is to engage with multi-disciplinary teams in the areas of System Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Firmware, etc. to help with validation activities, that would include adapting and creating SW/scripts to tackle new validation use cases, profile/instrument HW/FW systems to help with diagnostics and root-causes, put together test plans and lead the execution of such test plans.
What You will Do
- Interface with multiple functional teams within ZT as well as with customer’s experts on areas such as platform architecture, design, system-level simulation, system management, BIOS, system engineering and automation among others to establish comprehensive functional validation for ZT platforms.
- Write new scripts/tools (in Linux and Windows) to satisfy requirements and help to release and deploy following industry-best-practices so that these modules can be re-used/adapted for future projects.
- Support debugging and root-cause activities for multiple ZT teams, spawning areas like FW (e.g., BIOS and BMC), Signal Integrity and OS/Kernel issues.
- Help to execute validation plans for new products and sustaining of HW platforms for datacenters.
- Coordinate test effort preparation and track requirements, schedules, and actions.
- Mentor Jr. Validation, System and SW engineers.
- Review, track, document and summarize test results to be consumed internally at ZT as well as to be presented to customers
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 12+ years of experience with enterprise and/or cloud server hardware, including HW/FW architecture, understanding of Intel and/or AMD CPU architecture, as well as comprehensive technical knowledge of standard server protocols and interconnects, including PCIe, DDR. SATA/SAS/NVME, USB, etc.
- Expertise on a vertical domain such as storage, GPU or networking is a plus. However, the candidate must be proficient on validating and debugging any part of the HW system.
- 10+ years of experience leading the bring up, debug and overall validation of new server or storage designs.
- 10+ years of experience on either Windows or Linux support, including deep understanding of the OS internals, how to deploy, monitor, and debug issues, etc. (understanding of both OSs is a plus)
- 10+ years of experience writing SW for validation, including not only shell scripting but high-level programming languages such as C/C++/Python among others.
- Must feel comfortable waring multiple hats, from helping to design and implement new SW modules for validation, to lead the debugging of a HW issue in the lab, putting together a validation schedule; and anything in-between.
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability[i] or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.