Manufacturing Process Engineering Technician
Location: Secaucus, NJ
Why ZT Systems
At ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About The Role
The Manufacturing Process Engineering Technician is responsible for supporting the Manufacturing Engineers in the measurement and analysis of manufacturing processes, developing processes and related tooling and implementing standard operating procedures. The Manufacturing Engineering Technician’s scope of responsibility covers the end-to-end production process (material preparation, assembly, testing and shipment preparation).
What You’ll Do
- Product and Process Documentation: Develop and Maintain QMS documents to describe and standardize factory operations; document SOPs for new products or processes to ensure factory readiness; maintain the accuracy and currency of SOPs to reduce cycle time and improve quality
- Process Development / Support: Measure and support manufacturing processes; support training of production personnel; develop standard operating procedures to improve operator efficiency and process consistency; Use Confluence, Revit, SolidWorks and other tools to support engineering projects
- Continuous Improvement: Collect and analyze key production metrics such as cycle time and yield to support process and quality improvements; participate in Kaizen events to measure, document, and continuously improve manufacturing processes
- New Product Introduction: Support design and implementation of cross functional processes and tooling to support rapid new product introduction; execute time studies and data collection; execute the build of golden samples; participate in Design for Manufacturability and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
What You bring
- Associates Degree or higher in related discipline (Technology, Engineering, or other Sciences)
- or High School Diploma with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Experience with data collection and entry is a plus but not required
- Experience with continuous improvement / lean programs is beneficial but not required
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, multi-task and prioritize workload
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Collaborative, flexible and adaptable
- Possess a high level of integrity and strong work ethic
- Ability to simplify issues/direction and communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of employees
- Ability to pull information together from numerous sources and consolidate into a plan/direction for the organization
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.