Manufacturing Process Engineer
Location: Secaucus, NJ
Why ZT Systems
At ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About The Role
The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for leading the measurement and analysis of manufacturing processes, developing processes and related tooling, implementing standard operating procedures, and driving continuous improvements in the factory. The Manufacturing Engineer’s scope of responsibility covers the end-to-end production process (material preparation, assembly, testing and shipment preparation) and support for the larger Manufacturing Engineering Team. The Manufacturing Engineer will have responsibility for either mass production efficiency or new product launches.
What You’ll Do
- Process Development:
- Design, implement, and measure manufacturing processes
- Document and train operators on SOPs to drive efficiency and consistency
- Prioritize process flexibility to accommodate rapid and diverse product turn-over
- Continuous Improvement:
- Collect and analyze key production metrics such as cycle time and yield to identify opportunities for process or quality improvements
- Track KPI performance against existing control limits and report excursions
- Maintain Value Stream Maps to ensure accuracy
- Participate in factory wide improvement initiatives to expand knowledge base
- Lead improvement initiatives within domain of responsibility to implement process changes
- Identify process bottlenecks and recommend updates to alleviate
- Factory Support:
- Root cause and resolve factory interruptions
- Work with factory leadership to ensure tools and equipment are in place and maintained
- Document, escalate, and improve issues reported by factory teams
- New Product Introduction:
- Work with NPI Engineers to ensure factory capability for producing new products
- Assist with DFM and PFMEA on new products
- Support assessments of new product technologies and process requirements
What You bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience with and passion for Continuous Improvement, Lean, Kaizen, and Six Sigma methodologies
- Capability to apply technical expertise in changeable or varied scenarios
- Problem solving skills with an emphasis on collaboration and flexibility
- Analytical skills, including the ability to mine data to draw meaningful conclusions
- Familiarity with Data Analytics best practices
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to simplify complex issues for diverse audiences
- Ability to consolidate information from numerous sources into a plan/direction for the organization
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.