Are you ready for a change? At ZT Systems, we put People First, and from day one our team members make a difference. A fast-growing key player in a multibillion-dollar market, ZT designs and builds hyper-scale compute and storage solutions for the world’s largest data center customers. We are passionate about teamwork, and the consistently high quality of our solutions differentiates us in the minds of our customers. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us and become part of an industry-leading team that transforms ideas into reality.
About the Role
We are looking for a Project Manager, Facilities and Construction who will be a key part of the ZT Systems team. This includes responsibility for overseeing daily construction and maintenance projects, planning, design, and build-out for ZT Systems’ new or expansion facilities projects. The Project Manager, Construction will play an integral role in the strategy, development, and implementation of the ZT Systems facility infrastructure. ZT Systems currently uses over one million square feet of manufacturing, warehouses, test labs, and office buildings in Secaucus NJ, and together with its subsidiaries has [four] domestic and [eleven] foreign locations.
This opportunity combines construction management, facility management, planning, project management, and contract management. Experience in the planning, design, project management, and permitting of new facilities and the enhancement of existing facilities is critical.
The role will be based in Secaucus NJ and will include travel to domestic and foreign locations.
What You Will Do
- Overseeing construction, planning, design, and permitting for ZT new or expansion projects
- Construction scope review and development with internal operational teams, and facilitate engineering and design efforts on new and expansion or remodel projects
- Conduct regular reviews of power and cooling capacity and projected requirements
- Survey facilities, develop and document procedures to audit the facilities, provide evaluations and analysis, and recommend solutions to facility infrastructure, safety, and security problems
- Provide overall construction site management, planning, and coordination of contractors
- Facilitate and team with internal stakeholders on due diligence evaluation of new opportunities
- Facilitate and team with internal stakeholders regarding buildouts, IT readiness, and turnover to operational groups
- Verify that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues
- Manage the information systems necessary for effective scheduling and recording of contract work, budget tracking, forecasting, and management of projects
- Review all proposed changes for validity, impact, cost, and schedule changes
What You Bring
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or comparable field
- Experience operating within at least two disciplines within the construction industry, which could consist of General Contracting, Owner's Representation, Commercial Development, or Engineering and Design, or similar
- Experience in Large & Complex commercial or manufacturing Builds.
- 3-5 years of experience as an Engineer, Construction Manager, Architect, or other construction-related disciplines
- Experience with obtaining city and county permits needed in the construction process
- Project management experience from due diligence and design phase through implementation and operation
- Experience in managing the Design/Bid/Build Process in the Tri-state area is preferred (NJ,NY,CT)
- Experience overseeing multiple projects in various locations simultaneously
- Experience managing a construction planning and management team
- Experience negotiating construction, procurement, and labor contracts
- Knowledge of power and cooling capacity design and related reliability and risk assessment studies
- Knowledge of mechanical air handling units, power management and power monitoring units
- Knowledge of construction permitting process, building codes and regulations
- Ability to travel to international project locations
- Ability to effectively communicate ZT Systems requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- Experience inclusive of facilities manager or similar
- Experience related to the design or construction of data centers, test labs, or manufacturing facilities
- Valid driver’s license
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health, and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate