Are you ready for a change? At ZT Systems, we put People First, and from day one our team members make a difference. A fast-growing key player in a multibillion-dollar market, ZT designs and builds hyperscale compute and storage solutions for the world’s largest datacenter customers. We are passionate about teamwork, and the consistent high quality of our solutions differentiates us in the minds of our customers. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us and become part of an industry-leading team that transforms ideas into reality.
About the Role
As a Staff MS SQL/MongoDB Database Administrator you will be responsible for the overall integrity, health and maintenance of the database environment to include, but not limited to, monitoring database security and software, implementing database disaster recovery planning and testing and creating/maintaining documentation on database configuration. You will collaborate with other highly technical engineering staff to accomplish project tasks. Responsible for day-to-day operations and executing key initiatives for IT and conduct quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. This candidate will also assist in the end-user experience and provide end-user support as needed.
What you will do
- Work with application teams to implement best practices with MongoDB.
- Knowledge of managing a MongoDB cluster using Mongo’s OpsManager tool Optimization and tuning of MongoDB cluster settings
- Review work intake with the development team and ensure the cluster is sized correctly based on the data size/volume requirements
- Define, develop, document, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures for the Database Administration Team.
- Participate in the analysis and composition of requirements
- Participate in DR Tests in support of mission-critical IT service continuity/BCP planning
- Participate in root cause analysis and related documentation and communication of SQL systems
- Perform and document SQL patching on an ongoing basis
- Daily health check monitoring of SQL infrastructure
- Write in depth documentation and follow test procedures
- Ensure that database servers back up is as per the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Ensure enhanced security measures are in place and reviewed
- Conduct test backups to verify that business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) are met
- Be available to troubleshoot SQL Server service outages including after- hours and weekends as needed.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to reduce the number of false alarms
- Make recommendations on technologies (clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure etc.) to be used for incorporating new systems
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Deployment of database change scripts from third party vendors
- Analyze performance issues to determine best solutions to increase performance, server configuration changes or index/query changes)
- Documentation of company’s database environment
What you will bring
- 3+ years of experience as a Database Administrator
- 3+ years of experience in mongo DB administration
- At least 3 years’ production experience installing and administering Microsoft SQL Server. Experience and extensive knowledge with SQL Clusters and High Availability Groups
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or another related field
- Understanding of SQL tuning and optimization of query plans.
- Linux shell scripting skills and experience with production Linux environments
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, and maintenance of MS SQL Server database - 2005,2008 and 2012
- Proficient in administration, Always ON, Replication, Log shipping, clustering, backups and recovery, audit reporting, Performance tuning as well as proactive environment health checks
- Logging, managing, and resolving SQL Server SRs with Microsoft Support
- Experience working with software engineers in a highly technical, fast paced and agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MongoDB replica set configuration and management, preferred
- Must be able to manage times and priorities
- Ability to deliver quality results in the required timeframe
- Ability to adhere to documented standards and procedures, including change management, incident, and problem management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team in an efficient and collaborative manner
- Possess a high degree of accountability, initiative, and sense of urgency
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability[i] or handicap, or veteran status