Why ZT Systems
At ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About The Role
In this position, the Staff Storage Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, debugging, and validating storage solutions for enterprise server applications.
What You’ll Do
- Design server storage systems, develop test cases, develop validation strategy, analyze performance, and debug storage server system solutions
- System-level board bring-up, test, debug, and validation
- Analyze performance data to understand how various CPU, network I/O, storage, and memory resources and configurations impact IT and application workloads
- Collaborate with engineering development and product marketing to help shape future applications
What You bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of direct experience in server platform development.
- Advanced knowledge of standard server/workstation hardware and full storage stack design, Driver level expert, storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, and connectivity in multi-platform environments
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of bus standards: PCIe, SAS/SATA, I2C, M.2, SSD, CXL
- Strong working knowledge of SCSI protocol and various RAIDs configurations
- Have successfully implemented multiple complex board designs
- Proficient with Unix/Linux and Windows OS environments and able to develop test scripts
- Understanding enterprise server hardware including storage controllers, Ethernet adapters, memory modules, and processor models is essential
- Experience with Storage Controllers and Expanders
- Strong system-level debug experience
- Proficient in using advanced test equipment such as storage protocol analyzers and other advanced test equipment
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap, or veteran status.