Are you ready for a change? At ZT Systems, we put People First, and from day one our team members make a difference. A fast-growing key player in a multibillion-dollar market, ZT designs and builds hyperscale compute and storage solutions for the world’s largest data center customers. We are passionate about teamwork, and the consistently high quality of our solutions differentiates us in the minds of our customers. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us and become part of an industry-leading team that transforms ideas into reality.
About the Role
We are seeking a high-skill professional that is a hands-on team player and self-motivated problem solver to join the ZT team as PCBA Process Operations Program Manager based out of our Secaucus, NJ, or Austin, TX office. Primary responsibilities are to work with internal teams and customers to execute customer requirements on PCBA factory and product enablement worldwide by leading all operational activities associated with the introduction of new product launch and change management of existing shipping product at the highest quality level. This includes driving PCBA product and factory schedules, production setup, DFM, test readiness, BOM readiness, material readiness, logistic readiness, and sustaining change management. This person will also be responsible for coordinating customer visits for factory tours and product and process readiness reviews.
What You’ll Do
- Driving operational readiness for PCBA product and product enablement from development to end of life stage to meet customer requirement - Work with internal cross-functional team members to establish the appropriate short and long-term agreements that will support time-sensitive project and factory enablement schedules.
- Ensure all operational requirements are clearly communicated and aligned with all internal teams on the status and provide context on the information. Work closely with the internal team, vendors, and customers to set the right expectations on product schedule and deliverables
- Proper customer communication in alignment with ZT’s business position
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development teams, as well as supply chain specialists, manufacturing engineers, and logistics personnel.
- Plan, schedule, and manage material readiness for delivering time-critical components to prototype builds during development. Including tracking and validation of the quality of any incoming material.
- Expedite deliveries and/or prepare risk orders as required to keep prototype builds and ramp-up on schedule.
- Drive DFM feedback of product at early enough stage of design to optimize the manufacturability and testability of the product
- Drive manufacturing test readiness and ensure the test process is able to be executed in a manufacturing environment
- Drive logistic readiness to ensure parts can be properly shipped to customers.
- Drive, track and report development build execution status and manage issues to closure to ensure operational readiness of the product.
- Prior to mass production, and as part of ramp-up execution, ensure the production and Planning team are prepared to manage the day-to-day delivery of the product to the customer.
- Manage change management execution during the sustaining phase of the program.
- Drive continuous improvement on operational launch and sustaining change management processes.
- Drive quality issues to closure for a product during launch stages.
- Utilize metrics to improve the new product introduction process and product quality at launch and throughout the life of the program.
- Assure initial delivery of systems into Operations, participate in End of Production/Transition cycle worldwide.
What You’ll Bring
- Hands-on PCBA process experience.
- Self-starter and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both internal team members, vendors, and customer communication
- Advanced analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with PCBA board BOMs and test instrumentations.
- Results-oriented and adept at conflict resolution.
- Quality skillset to resolve quality issues at product launches
- Strategic business acumen to have the ability to foresee
- Project Management Skills - Planning and Organization: establish tasks, determine resources and plan actions.
- Accountability and Communication: takes ownership, shares information, and communicates at a level of detail appropriate for the audience
- Product Introduction for PCBA and factory enablement
- Assembly Manufacturing Process
- Familiar with PCBA test processes
- Experience with working with customers from a vendor point of view.
- Teamwork: Works effectively across organizations to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Drive for results: Consistently goes above and beyond what the job or situation requires.
- Strategic Business foresight
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline with at least 8 years relevant experience
- 8 years of experience in PCBA Manufacturing Product, Process, Test, or NPI Engineering in high volume electronics manufacturing environment.
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.