Why ZT Systems
At ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About The Role
The Staff Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design and validation of mechanical assemblies associated with the development and manufacturing of computer servers. The Staff Mechanical Engineer analyzes complex technical problems and implements cost-effective solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Design & develop innovative mechanical designs
- Create 3D printed prototypes
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing and field installation/retrofit activities to ensure products conform to engineering design and customer specifications
- Analyze and solve technical problems/issues and provide solutions that can be implemented in a timely matter
- Produce engineering documents including design drawings, installation manuals, etc.
- Work effectively in a multi-functional engineering development team. Engage customers and suppliers directly to discuss and interpret mechanical solution requirements
- Partners with development and systems engineering teams when working on tactical/time-to-market development issues
- Participates as required in strategic initiatives for improvements in process, quality, and cost.
What You bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience with mechanical and structural design. Experience in design and analysis is desirable.
- Knowledge of material properties and applications including metals, alloys, and plastics.
- Prior experience designing for one or more high volume manufacturing processes including stamping, drawing, injection molding, precision sheet metal, or die-cutting.
- Creo skills are highly desirable, equivalent experience with another 3D CAD system will be considered.
- Experienced in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis.
- Computer industry knowledge preferred.
- Experience with Structural finite element analysis using Creo Simulate is desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative, flexible, and adaptable.
- MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, or handicap, or veteran status.