Why ZT Systems
AT ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you’re proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along with way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
With a culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build a technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About the Role
ZT Systems is seeking an experienced Reliability Engineering Manager to lead the team who evaluates, designs, and implements product reliability test regimens to ensure products of the highest quality are delivered to our customers. The successful candidate will also monitor the modeling, design, and execution of computer hardware reliability system testing and analysis through all product life cycle phases, working with cross-functional teams, including hardware developers and system engineers. The person in this role will seamlessly interface directly with our customers, suppliers, and internal teams on reliability modeling. The Reliability Engineering Manager will be responsible for set up, test execution, and status reporting and performing RDT (Reliability Demonstration Testing), ORT (On-going Reliability Testing), and HALT (highly accelerated life testing) per customer requirements and will support failure analysis and corrective action efforts, as needed.
What You'll Do
• Manage Reliability Failure Modeling using Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), and driving corrective actions to reduce the identified risks
• Facilitate reliability reviews during new product development to ensure the robustness of product design and manufacturing processes
• Oversee statistical data analysis, including Regression modeling, Reliability Time series modeling, reliability target setting, warranty trend analysis, and spending forecast for new and existing products
• Perform data analyses on both internal test data and field failure data to find necessary improvements in product design, component supply, and manufacturing processes
• Manage all accelerated life testing programs. Including monitoring the set-up and performance of any required product reliability testing
• Develop relationships with strategic suppliers to create win-win scenarios in leveraging reliability testing and resulting data analysis
• Interface with key customers to assure customer satisfaction and review requirements to meet customer expectations
• Must demonstrate excellent analytical and making data-driven conclusion skills
• Must be capable of effectively interfacing at all levels of the organization, including the executive level, both internally and with the customer and supplier
• Strong leadership skills with proven ability to drive complex issues to closure promptly and clearly communicate the result
• Must exhibit self-motivation, demonstrate a sense of urgency, and be capable of successful multi-tasking in a high pressure, fast-paced environment, matrixed environment
• Review failure analysis and corrective action reports through well managed customer-facing communications
• Based on any test results, Internalize customer feedback regarding quality and reliability performance against customer requirements
• Participate and host meetings as necessary with customers to review test results
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key customer stakeholders
What You'll Bring
• Highly skilled at managing engineers
• Experience in Test, Quality Engineering, Product Reliability
• Great attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to prioritize
• Background in performing/managing accelerated life testing, or product validation testing,
• Solid skills in debugging and FA of electronic assemblies
• Strong ability to drive any required corrective actions
• Possess relationship management abilities; strong customer-facing skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Possess a high level of integrity and work ethic
• 10+ years of experience in a similar function or equivalent education/experience in Computer Manufacturing or Electronic Manufacturing industry preferred
• 3+ years managing engineers and dealing with suppliers and customers
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering or equivalent combination of professional experience
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.