Are you ready for a change? At ZT Systems, we put People First, and from day one our team members make a difference. A fast-growing key player in a multibillion-dollar market, ZT designs and builds hyperscale compute and storage solutions for the world’s largest datacenter customers. We are passionate about teamwork, and the consistent high quality of our solutions differentiates us in the minds of our customers. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us and become part of an industry-leading team that transforms ideas into reality.
About the Role
The Sr. Release Engineer is a seasoned individual who will join the IT software team to the Support the installation, upgrade, maintenance, and administration of DevOps tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GitLab etc., This includes but not limited to day-to-day product administration, user support, customization, and configurations. As a release engineer, this role will also be responsible for the software release activities for the IT software applications team.
What You will Do
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, administering, and enhancing JIRA Software, Confluence, GitLab and key 3rd party add-ons
- Working with users to enable custom workflows, fields, screens, dashboards, and reports
- Creating and managing complex configuration elements including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme, and notification schemes
- Provide day to day support on the tool usage, authorization setup, troubleshooting and communication with the end users, project owners and managers.
- Providing training on Jira and Confluence usage, administration, and operational use and maintenance of the systems
- Evaluate the performance and reliability of the applications by monitoring these systems for high availability, load balancing, and satisfactory response time
- Conduct quarterly audit of the tools to ensure efficient license utilization, verify authorized usage, performance, and logging.
- Participate in the Implementation of CI/CD process for IT software applications.
- Manage release pipelines and perform software release activities for the IT software team in a timely manner.
What You Bring
- BS in computer science, Information systems or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience with configuration and administration of Atlassian products such as Jira Core, Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Management and key 3rd-party add-ons
- Experience with providing user management, access roles and permissions, global and project-level configuration and maintenance, training, and end-user support for JIRA
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (technical and non-technical)
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Gitlab is preferred.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical people.
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability[i] or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.