Why ZT Systems
At ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About The Role
The Server Lab Technician will be responsible for supporting ZT Systems Engineering group on several projects in various stages of development. The Lab Technician must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision needed to maintain project schedules/deadlines.
What You’ll Do
- Build, debug, test, repair, and upgrade computer prototypes (computers, servers, peripherals, programs, and software/firmware)
- Proficient in hand soldering
- Assist engineers in the evaluation of new electronic components
- Document prototype construction and maintain pertinent engineering records
- Write procedures and various technical documents
- Perform Lab Management responsibilities to maintain and organize a clean and efficient lab
- Materials management to inventory/track/ship materials
What You bring
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Certificate of Completion of Technical School, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 4+ years of engineering test, debug, tech support, or relevant experience. Experience within a computer hardware environment preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of computer architecture and components (CPU, power supply, memory, graphics cards, flash memory, etc.)
- Strong soldering skills. Knowledge of circuit boards, soldering, and electronics
- Ability to diagnose the root cause of computer system failure and isolate the components/failure nodes
- Ability to use custom Linux and Windows-based diagnostic/test programs to run benchmarks/tests on electronic components' performance
- Understanding of hardware and software interactions; able to apply this understanding to resolve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with people at various levels in the organization
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving ability; uses rigorous logic to solve problems
- Understands and uses speed as a competitive advantage; completes tasks on time
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap, or veteran status.