Why ZT Systems
At ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed, we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About The Role
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of payroll delivery and compliance including exempt and non-exempt multi-jurisdictional/multi-state payroll, variable pay programs, including the year-end payroll process, payroll tax and ownership of our HRMS infrastructure. This position will report to the HR Operations Manager and will participate in global payroll initiatives.
This position represents significant fiduciary responsibility and requires a solid understanding of U. S. pay requirements, processes, systems and controls. Expert level understanding of Workday is a requirement – this means detailed knowledge of system capabilities and reporting, design, and configuration options including the full employee lifecycle: hiring and onboarding, benefits enrollments, payroll, and off-boarding. This role will be expected to assess current payroll processes and support structures and lead efficiency improvements systemwide.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure all payroll processing and reporting is carried out in an accurate, efficient, and expedient manner
- Streamline processes to automate wherever possible to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Own the legal compliance related to payroll, year-end filings, taxes and benefits deductions – ensure team is trained on new laws and compliance requirements as well as Workday system enhancements that can improve process efficiency
- Ensure accurate Prevailing Wage calculations and reporting, including but not limited to wage determinations, necessary pay adjustments, on-time Certified Payroll submissions and appropriate record keeping
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of payroll reporting processes; develop an action plan to mitigate operational risks and/or resolve escalated issues
- Develop routine and ad hoc systems for audits, queries and reports – leveraging metrics and trends to proactively identify areas for improvement
- Understand compensation and leveling practices and how best to incorporate that structure into an HRMS system
- Closely partner with the HR Operations teams to support On-boarding, Benefit Enrollments, Payroll and HRMS needs
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to implement effective solutions as business needs evolve
- Provide implementation leadership and develop testing specifications for all software upgrades
- Support Change Management including development of user procedures, reference guides and other documentation as needed
- Ability to see the big picture but not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help deliver best in class service
- Help to drive a culture of service excellence within the team; promoting “Best in Class” customer service.
What You Bring
- Bachelor s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field
- 5+ years of related Payroll work experience
- Thorough knowledge of U. S. Payroll laws, regulations, and requirements, international experience is a strong plus but not required
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Workday – including but not limited to HR, Payroll, Time & Attendance and Benefits
- Payroll professional certifications such as the FPC/CPP are strongly desired
- Mastery in MS Excel strongly desired
- High integrity and business ethics
- Proactive, positive, deliberate, and focused thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.