Data Center Support Specialist
AT ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work your proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along with way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed, we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About the Role
ZT Systems Services department is currently seeking a L3 Data Center Support Specialist to support customer & ZT Systems data center technicians as they deploy and maintain hyperscale servers. The ideal candidate for this role balances strong technical skills, attention-to-detail, and a can-do attitude to resolve technical issues for sustaining and deployment activities.
- Respond to technical support requests from customer and ZT staff in a timely manner
- Conduct failure analysis on field issues until root cause is determined based on:
- Controlled testing of suspect hardware, system or firmware
- Engagement of internal engineering departments and vendors
- Proactively support field sustaining activities by
- Administering soft tools (e.g.: diagnostics, tests, FW updates)
- Preparing SOPs, knowledge articles, & guides
- Conduct training of new issue/resolution, new technical process & new tools
- Proactively and reactively support field deployments globally by
- Maintaining deployment equipment and software
- New Product Introduction (NPI) for Team Leads and Technicians
- Real-time issue resolution during deployment execution
- Track server fleet health to investigate trends, new unknown issues, and validate that ZT maintaining customer SLA
- Provide timely and detailed feedback to our engineering team on failures, serviceability of servers, and integration with the datacenter
- Travel for a period of 1-2 weeks at minimum 4x times a year
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional server hardware knowledge with deep understanding of all component & system type failures
- Proven RCA or failure analysis history
- Experienced in controlled experiments to determine root cause
- Exceptional communication skills with a drive for facilitating Training
- Must be able to lead Technical Workshops to facilitate additional and continuous Training
- Interpersonal skills are highly recommended
- Strong experience with IPMI utilization in diagnostics and with the following tools
- Required: FIO, IPMItool (IPMItool)
- Familiarity with IPMI APIs (Redfish, IPMI, iDRAC, iLO)
- Preferred: Prime95, Coretemp, Smartctl, Arcconf or MegaCLI, Memtest86
- Basic Linux and Windows scripting experience.
Knowledge of one or more of the below preferred:
- Must be able to create and test BATCHscripts
- Must be able to create and test simple SHELL Scripts
- Must be able to create and test PYTHON Scripts
- Working knowledge of deployment technologies such as WDS, PXE, DHCP & FTP
- Experienced with Windows Server OS & Winpe OS administration
- Experienced with Linux PXE services
- Creation and integration of Services into a Virtual Machine
- Attention to detail and accuracy in investigation of issues, RCA/FA documents, etc. is essential to the customer and is critical to this role
- Capable of providing structured feedback and improving Knowledge Base of Field Services
- History of creating Knowledge articles and SOP documents
- Ability to regularly lift and move server systems that weigh up to 70lbs
- Occasional travel is REQUIRED
- Project Management experience is recommended but not required
What You Bring
- Demonstrated strong ownership, self-motivation
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Ability to work successfully with geographically dispersed teams, customers and vendors.
- Must be willing to adopt to a flexible work schedule
- Degree in a computer-related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 3 plus year of equivalent experience. Computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunications, or related discipline
- Preferred Certifications:
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent.
- CompTIA Server+ or equivalent
- MCP/MCSE Certification is a plus
- CompTIA Network is a plus
- 4+ years of relative experience
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability[i] or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.