Why ZT Systems
At ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About The Role
The primary focus of this role will be to support our manufacturing and warehouse operations in Secaucus, NJ. With over 1,000 employees/contractors, this role will offer HR expertise and consultation to our employees and managers to maintain a successful and highly motivated workforce. In the generalist role, the duties will vary and offer broad exposure to the Human Resources function, such as recruitment, employee relations, learning & development (L&D), employee engagement, performance management, program management and more.
This role will work closely with the HR team in the areas of HR Operations, L&D, Talent Acquisition, Employer Branding, Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S), HR Business Partners (HRBP) and others cross functionally such as manufacturing, supply chain, customer operations, etc. There are several projects that this role will play a crucial part in delivering which include training, systems configuration and integration, talent review/assessment, development planning, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Support employee relations issues for ZT’s Manufacturing organization
- Support manufacturing payroll in activities including timecard reconciliation, bonus/incentives, reporting, and processing
- Assist in development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Partner with HR Operations on benefit plans and annual open enrollment processes
- Assist in the maintenance of employee handbook and policies and procedures
- Assist in the content creation and facilitation/delivery of training to the workforce
- Aid in the maintenance of Human Resource records database reporting
- Maintain accurate and complete personnel records
- Ensure that rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment which includes posting job openings to generate applications, scheduling candidates for interviews with hiring managers, verifying pre-employment screenings are complete, and coordinating start dates for new hires for Manufacturing and Warehouse positions (with support of our Talent Acquisition team)
- Partner with hiring managers to ensure that the organization is recruiting top talent
- Use sound business judgment and common sense when approaching obstacles and solving problems during candidate searches and other HR activities
- Facilitate all onboarding for newly hired employees which include the collection of pre-employment documentation, provisioning, and onboarding set up
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
What You bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required
- 2+ years of experience with employee relations and/or full-cycle recruitment, technical recruitment experience preferred
- Bi-Lingual, Spanish (strongly preferred/required)
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring, recruitment, and human resources-related matters
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail - ability to manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule tasks for the most efficient use of time
- Resourcefulness, High Integrity, Results Orientation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Good cross-function communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive and a team player with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.