About the Role
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design and validation of mechanical assemblies associated with the development and manufacturing of computer servers. The Senior Mechanical Engineer analyzes complex technical problems and implements cost-effective solutions.
What You'll Do
- Design & develop innovative mechanical designs
- Create 3D printed prototypes
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing and field installation/retrofit activities to ensure products conform to engineering design and customer specifications
- Analyze and solve technical problems/issues and provide solutions that can be implemented in a timely matter
- Produce engineering documents including design drawings, installation manuals, etc.
- Assist procurement team to identify and manage 3rd-party vendors
- Work effectively in a multi-functional engineering development team. Engage customers and suppliers directly to discuss and interpret mechanical solution requirements
- Partners with development and systems engineering teams when working on tactical/time-to-market development issues
- Participates as required in strategic initiatives for improvements in process, quality, and cost.
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of professional experience with mechanical and structural design. Experience in design and analysis preferred
- Must have experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Ideally looking for someone with 3 years of combined academic and practical experience with Abaqus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of material properties and applications.
- Prior experience designing for one or more high volume manufacturing processes including stamping, drawing, injection molding, precision sheet metal, and die-cutting.
- Professional Creo and/or SolidWorks skills.
- Experienced in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis.
- Computer industry knowledge preferred.
- Structural finite element analysis using Abacus and/or Ansys is highly preferred. Vibration test design and analysis ability are highly desirable.
- Basic fluid and fluid dynamic-related design experience and knowledge are highly desirable. (Velocity, flow pressure, flow rate calculation, valve select)