Senior Manager, Business Planning Contracts
Department: Business Planning
Locations: Austin, Texas or Seattle, Washington or Secaucus, New Jersey
Why ZT Systems
AT ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you're proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along with way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About the Role
ZT Systems is looking for a Business Planning and Contracts Senior Manager focused on negotiating and drafting technology-specific contracts. The right person must be a team player who takes pride in personal excellence and displays a high level of energy and work ethic. This role will focus on supporting the business, operations, and sales teams with interaction with customer and corporate legal teams. The successful candidate also will be providing guidance on a broad range of general corporate, commercial, compliance and strategic issues. He or she will report to the Director of Business Planning but will be working closely with general counsel and several other departments within the company to support the company’s existing and new products.
What You Will Do
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of custom and standard contracts and other legal documents, in close collaboration with customers. Examples include statements of work (SOWs), confidentiality agreements, manufacturing, purchase, services and joint development activities with partners, customers, vendors, etc.
- Provide strategic business and legal recommendations based on industry best practices to business planning and sales teams
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of all material customer, services, supplier and vendor agreements and provides advice and counsel to various teams within the organization (i.e., engineering and R&D, product management, sales, marketing and business development) regarding contractual rights and obligations.
- Perform analysis on customer contracts and report on risks, opportunities, and tradeoffs.
- Provide interpretation of general contractual terms and guidance on legal and business risks as well as providing creative solutions to arising issues.
- Establish, maintain and revise template agreements as required.
- Responsible for contract management, monitoring and tracking.
What You Bring
- Must have demonstrated experience in negotiating and drafting complex technology specific agreements (including statements of work “SOWs”) , corporate compliance, contract administration and non-disclosure agreements.
- Must have strong business savvy in addition to legal acumen.
- Requires excellent negotiation skills with the ability to effectively resolve complex issues and conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Outstanding analytical ability and written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable record of effective collaboration with colleagues and across business groups.
- Sound and practical business judgment, ability to think strategically, and desire to establish a “trusted advisor” relationship with senior management personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workflow.
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature and calm under fire.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school preferred.
- Member of State Bar preferred.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- MBA recommended, but not required
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a high- technology company.
ZT Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.